CBN investigators are organized into interdisciplinary,
multi-institutional research teams called collaboratories
that build synergies among laboratories using different
models, technologies and approaches. They include:
- Affiliation Collaboratory examines
the neural mechanisms underlying affiliative behaviors,
including pair/social bonding, approach, recognition
and parental care.
- Aggression Collaboratory studies
the common biological processes involved in fear
and aggression and means to control them.
- Fear Collaboratory focuses
on the neural mechanisms of fear learning and ways
to control them.
- Memory and Cognition addresses broad questions about memory and cognition, particularly as they relate to social behavior.
- Reproduction Collaboratory investigates sexual behavior from the molecular to the system level among different animals.